29.1.06

#1 Movies of 2005

This morning I managed to catch Ebert & Roepers top 10 movies of 2005. Normally I don't like to pay attention to critics, I'd rather be the critic myself but I would have to agree with their two picks for the two best movies of 2005. Although I'd have to say that it is really hard for me to pick between four really great movies I saw this year to choose the absolute best. The two that Ebert & Roeper picked were 'Crash' and 'Syriana'. I absolutely loved these two films. Both of them had a real eye opening affect on me and many people I know who had the opportunity to see them. The other two that I would have to mention are 'Brokeback Mountain' and 'Constant Gardener', again two movies that were able to portray a reality in a very effective way. It would be very difficult for me to choose one of these movies as the absolute best of 2005, although if forced to make the decision this is how I would rank them:

1. Crash
2. Brokeback Mountain
3. Syriana
4. Constant Gardener

Any thoughts?

2 comments:

Lisa's Diet said...

Oh Jen the movie Crash was so intense I not only cried my eyes out, I went running from the living room to hide when I thought the lady was going to die.

Candice said...

I haven't seen any of these movies!!? hmmm... not sure why, I think I should