21.1.06

The Eternal Optimist

It is not unknown by anyone that often times life can change. Life can change and sometimes that change can be so sudden that it can feel like a punch in the stomach and you're left wondering whatever in the world could have hit you that hard. That does not even begin to describe how I am feeling today. Last night my life decided that is was time for a door to close. And as the cliche goes that means that I should be on the lookout for the door that is supposedly due to open now. Until that time it seems that you get frozen in time. Numb from the things that are going on around you. Luckily for me I was brought up an optimist. I do not doubt for a second that my life knows what its doing. That by no means, however, takes away any pain that is felt in the process. I suppose that I, like all the rest who have been exactly where I am, for under no uncertain circumstances is my situation orignal, I will have to just embrace what life gives me and wait patiently for that other door to open. Until then I'll work on decorating the space I currently have to occupy.

2 comments:

Lisa's Diet said...

I'm sorry Jen :(

Candice said...

Optimism is the best way! It'll all work out for you Jen!:)