17.1.06

Take the STAIRS!! -My angry rant

I would like to say a little something to those of you who use an elevator when you're going up or down two or so floors. Why are you taking the elevator? Lazy? and to the people I've encountered why are you squeezing into an elevator with someone who actually needs to be in there leaving little to no room to move. I would like to point out that SFU has many staircases to choose from and GET THIS they are usually right next to all of the elevators!! Imagine that. I know that sometimes taking the staits seems more difficult, why walk up stairs when there's something that lifts you to the floor you want to be on? Ha well here's a couple reasons for you, how about because you can walk up the stairs and on top of that it's good for your health, get some exercise inbetween classes.

I realise I'm sounding angry and to tell you the truth I am. I fully realise that a broken ankle in the grand scheme of things is nothing and that really isn't why I'm angry. I'm frustrated and fed up with the inconsideration of human beings. What ever happened to looking out for fellow man or any of that crap? It is a sad day when the negative things that happened to me in a day over shadow the kind people that held open doors or helped me with something. And it is not just me, this temporary disability has opened my eyes to the kind of treatment people with permanent disabilities have to deal with on a daily basis for the rest of their lives. It is unbelievable.

I would like to close this rant on a positive note. I'm not completely disappointed, there are people who are so kind, who will go out of their way to do the smallest thing. You have no idea what these little things mean. For example I'd like to thank the girl who went out of her way to rush to help me with a door that was too heavy for me. These are the things that make my day better and I would like to plead with everyone else to always have compassion not impatience, understanding not frustration for disabled people. The frustration I have had to deal with is unbelievable and it PALES in comparison to what others go through. Think about that.

Compassion NOT Impatience

Understanding NOT Frustration

No comments: