9.1.06

Walking


I've come to the quick and yes somewhat obvious conclusion that walking is something that people most definately take for granted. I was just as guilty of this as the next person. Today was my first day of classes and it was not easy. Getting from the bus to my class room was exhausting, the only elevator available to me was furthest away from my class and when I arrived I was out of breath and sweaty. Not a cool thing to be when it's the first day of class. Luckily I'm not one to care what anyone thinks and I have a lot of friends in the class but still. THEN of all things my Prof is MIA!! So I go through all this effort for what??? To sit in a class for 10 mins!! Well being one not to waste an opportunity, Lucas, Josef, Meryll and I headed to the pub for some afternoon pints. One of the reasons I love polisci majors, they're always up for a pint in the pub. So it wasn't a wasted day after all that effort to get where I want to go. Another thing I'm learning, even though I believe that I'm not at all guilty of this is the value of friends. What an amazing help my friends are. I don't know what I would do without them, Tom to help me with everything basically, Lucas helping me with my bags and finishing my beer, Quinten and Lisa helping with sore shoulders and untied shoes, Tara carrying everything and anything for me. None of it goes unnoticed and unappreciated. Thanks Guys!!!!!!

By the way I have an appointment with my surgeon next week, fingers crossed for walking soon!

1 comment:

Lisa's Diet said...

Ahh Jen you'll be walking before you know it. :)