30.4.06

Ceilidh


Last night Lucas, My Mum and I went to a Ceilidh which is gaelic for 'a gathering of people' (Incase you're wondering how it is pronounced it's Kay-Lee, more or less anyway). The night was part of my birthday present from Lucas, it was a very good night. We were served a traditional Scottish meal of Haggis, SteakPie, turnips, etc. The food was quite good but my mum is a bit of a snob when it comes to Haggis and didnt think it lived up to what you get in Scotland, I'm sure she's right. I enjoyed it but what do I know about how Haggis should taste?!? 'Blackthorn' was the band that was playing, they were very good, my mum knew most of the words to all the songs they played so that was neat, made me think of my Gran and Grandad because I know that they would have been singing along too. Anyway, it was quite dark so difficult to get photos but here are some of the ones that turned out.


Lucas and Me. Thanks for an awesome Birthday Present!!!

Mum and Lucas

Mum and Me

The band Blackthorn

No comments: