14.8.06

Blues & Roots Festival


The other night a friend of ours asked Lucas and I if we wanted to go to the Burnaby Blues and Roots Festival at Deer Lake park. OBVIOUSLY we said yes and yesterday Tara, Lucas and I spent the day with our friends from school taking in the sun and listening to some amazing Music. Buddy Guy was the headliner with other amazing acts including Koko Taylor, The Be Good Tanyas, Susan Tedeschi, and Booker T. Jones. The music was infectious, you could not help but be dancing the whole time. At one point Buddy Guy made his way into the crowd with his guitar and mic, he was less than 5' away from me!!! All I can say is that I will be there next year. (I wasnt able to take any photos as my camera died but I may have some off another camera in a few days-in the meantime here are some of the artists we saw)

P.S. I absolutely fell in love with Susan Tedeschi. She was incredible. Look her up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was a great day. The music was awesome! I will be there next year also.