11.9.06

While the World is Asleep

I am not sure why, but sitting here listening to a Bob Dylan song sang by Susan Tedeschi, Lord Protect my Child, I felt inclined to write about 11 September. Then I looked at the screen while my brain fought with my fingers. I wanted to scramble words down about the injustices that are going on around the world and the unintelligence of the most "powerful" man in the world but my head kept telling me to be more sensible than that. Tomorrow I can write about that. Instead, today, I am just going to leave you with the last three verses of this song.

While the world is asleep
You can look at it and weep
Few things you find are worthwhile
And though I don't ask for much
No material things to touch
Lord, protect my child


He's young and on fire
Full of hope and desire
In a world that's been raped, raped and defiled
If I fall along the way
And can't see another day
Lord, protect my child

There'll be a time I hear tell
When all will be well
When God and man will be reconciled
But until men lose their chains
And righteousness reigns
Lord, protect my child

I also have the lyrics to James Blunt's 'No Bravery' posted, they are worth looking at today as well.

No comments: