26.2.07

79th Academy Awards aka OSCAR NIGHT!

Last night the 79th Annual Academy Awards celebrated a year of amazing film. I was so impressed with the show last night, it was absolutely one of the best productions of the Oscars I have ever seen. Ellen was hilarious, the entertainment was just that, entertaining, from Will Farrell, Jack Black, and John C. Rieley performing a musical piece to the countless tableaus of the nominated films done by talented dancers behind an illuminated silk screen.
All of my favourites took the little statue home which I was most pleased with. I was happy to see the awards go to the right people. Jennifer Hudson winning best supporting actress was a wonderful moment, she deserved that! Best actress, of course, went to Helen Mirren for 'The Queen'. I personally am still in awe of that performance. And Forest Whittaker was my absolute most favourite moment. The second 'The last king of scotland' ended I said to Lucas that we would see him get the Oscar and he did! He so deserved that. And then on top of all these plesant surprises, Martin Scorsese was named best director and his film, 'The Departed' best picture! Lucas was most excited about this and I couldnt blame him. The Departed was my second choice for best picture, Little Miss Sunshine was my first. However, Little Miss Sunshine was not forgotten, it received best screenplay as well as a best supporting actor award for Alan Arkin.
I have never been so impressed with the Oscars as I was last night. The common belief of the Oscars being boring will disappear with more nights like this. Also, congratulations to Mr.Gore and his wins.

No comments: