16.2.07

Let the Healing Begin!!

Well, that's it, the surgery is over, the plate and screws are out and the real healing can now commence!! Yesterday morning I went into surgery. The whole thing was done on Local Anesthetic which was sooooo traumatising!!! I was completely awake. I could hear everything, including the doctor ask the nurse for a screwdriver!!! How many people can say that a screwdriver was used in their surgery?!?!? Not many! I think the worst part (light stomachs beware) was that I could feel some of the things that were happening to me. The local was not completely effective at first and I felt the first cut. Also, bones cannot take anesthetic so I could feel the screws being taken out and the plate pried off the bone which was the very worst part. I don't think I'll ever forget that. Anyway, the most important thing is that it's all out and it's all over. I am so happy to finally be starting the real healing process.

No comments: