3.8.07

Why the New Look?

So I am sure you've noticed the new look of my blog. This change was not because I was unhappy with the old look or because I felt that I needed a change. Recently I was told by a friend at work about a search engine powered by google called Blackle.com (note the new link to your right!). The premise of Blackle.com is to save energy by having a black screen load onto your computer rather than a white screen. This is because it takes less energy to load black than it does to load white. The search engine is exactly the same as google but with a nice environmental twist. Why? Well, because every little bit counts. And don't forget that you're paying for that energy pumping into your house so why not use a little less and pay a little less while you're at it.

Thus, now when you load my blog you're computer will use a little less energy than when my whole background was white. Call it hopping on the bandwagon if you will but I'm happy to do it if it makes just a little difference. Aren't you??

To find out more about Blackle.com click here.

No comments: