11.1.08

Ink'd

After over 5 years of contemplation I've finally gotten my second tattoo! And the big news...it's very visible! It was a huge decision to make but I'm really happy that I finally went ahead and did it. What is the meaning, you ask? Well it's a tribute to my Mother. My Mum is the strongest woman I know. She has been a single mother since I was the very young age of 2 years. Ever since I was two my Mum has taught me to be a strong independent kick-ass woman just like her. Everyday I strive to be just a little bit like her. This tattoo is my way to carry her with me wherever I go and remind me of the values she has instilled in me. The orange flower symbolises her always looking over my shoulder and protecting me and the yellow flower symbolises me. It's not quite finished yet; I still have to go in for touch-ups and white highlights but I couldn't wait to share it. (And yes after the first 2 hours it really started to hurt) :)





ps. to those finding out about this through the blog, sorry I didn't tell you before hand!!

No comments: