24.2.09

Skating the Rideau!

A quintessential Ottawa experience is skating the Rideau Canal. The first day we could we were out on the ice. Luckily, I brought my skates and Lucas was able to borrow some so we escaped the steep cost of rentals. It really was everything we thought it would be and more. We skated the whole thing and back; we calculated about 13 km of skating. I really hope that we get to skate a few more times before the ice thaws!

The views were beautiful! That sign up in the left corner says Waverly and it reminded me a train station in Scotland. And the building in the top right corner is our new apartment building!



It was pretty cold but we found warmth next to the several outdoor firepits. And yes, that is a one horse open sleigh! :)


That top left picture is of me eating a bacon roll which was so exciting for me!! mmmmm And Parliament never loses appeal.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: