13.2.06

Capote



Last night a friend and I went to see 'Capote' directed by Bennett Miller and starring Philip Seymour Hoffman as Truman Capote. Both these men and their film have been nominated for an Oscar. Before I saw this film I was certain that either 'Crash' or 'Brokeback Mountain' would take the statue home. I am no longer so certain.

Capote was an absolutely amazing film. It has been a really long time since I have been glued to my seat during as well as thoughout the entire credits of a film. I was that amazed by this film. I dont even have words that can adequately describe the acting or direction in this film. I recommend this film to everyone! It's not playing in many theatres anymore so you may have to wait until its out on video but please do yourself a favour and see this movie!! It is something else.

Here is the actual Truman Capote before he died in 1984 of Alcoholism.

1 comment:

Lisa's Diet said...

Hmmm I'll have to watch it. :)