9.3.06

Another Angel in Heaven



When I heard, at the end of 2005, that Mr. Vint had been diagnosed with Cancer, not once did I think that it would eventually claim his life. If anyone could successfully fight cancer, it was MV. When I heard yesterday that MV had passed away the previous morning I was at first in shock. The sinking reality of how powerful Cancer really is sunk in immediately. Then the tears came. But the tears did not last for very long. This is not because I was not sad that Mr. Vint had passed away, it was because I know, in my heart, that he would not want us to be so sad. He was the type of man who would want his life celebrated. I called my best friend Tara, whom I met in Mr.Vint's Grade 11 Musical Theatre Class, and instead of crying together we shared and recalled all the wonderful stories and memories we had of MV. The confidence he instilled in us, the pride he took in his work, just the amazing person he was. Over the two years I was lucky enough to be in MVs classes, he became more than a teacher to me, he was a dear friend. This is something you will hear from every student he's ever taught, guaranteed. This is what set MV apart from all other teachers, he cared so much and invested in every one of his students. He will be dearly missed. WLYVM MV SYS!!

And for all of us who had the pleasure of being involved in one of MVs musicals, plays, etc., lets never forget that saying he told us before every performance,

Good, better, best, never let it rest until your good's better and your better's best!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jenn, what you wrote is so beautiful and true. MV would want us to celebrate his life and celebrate what he gave to us. I will always remember his kind smile and warm words. He truly was an exceptional human being, one of a kind.
~Tara