23.3.06

V for Vendetta


Last night I went to see 'V for Vendetta' staring Natalie Portman and Hugo Weaving. The film takes place in Britain in the future, a Britain that is ruled by fear. Sound familiar? Perhaps similar to our neighbours to the south? I realise that the extreme that is portrayed in this film is just that, an extreme but what is most frightening about it is that it is completely possible. Perhaps there will not be a man in a Guy Fox mask trying to start a revolution but it can happen. Lets just all try not to forget that caption at the top of this poster, "People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people". The film is extremely captivating, you are on the edge of your seat throughout the entire two hours. It is very visually pleasing with impressive cinematography and action sequences. I would strongly strongly recommend seeing this movie is the theatre, this is not a renter as a great deal of the power that this movie portrays would be lost on a Television screen. Natalie Portman gives a very impressive performance showing she can be a lot more than Queen Amidala (or however you spell that). Go see this movie!!


I also have to mention that during the previews for this film we were lucky enough to see a preview for 'The Davinci Code' which I am EXTREMELY excited about. It looks so good. It's amazing seeing all those images that I loved so much from the book come alive. People, just do me one favour, take the effort to read the book before you see the movie, otherwise its just lazy! Plus you may not understand everything because there are many things in a book that a film has to leave out. 'The Davinci Code' comes out May 19th, I'll be going that night if anyone wishes to come with me!!

No comments: