31.5.06

Ben Harper @ Deer Lake Park


Sunday Afternoon Lucas and I went to the Ben Harper Concert. The concert was of course amazing. Ben Harper always puts on an amazing show. He started out his show with some of his hits off of his last three albums, he then took a short break before coming out for his first encore to sit and play some of his slower classics including 'walk away' (one of my very favourite songs which I will admit brought me to tears). Vancouver's own 'The Be Good Tanya's' came out and acompanied Ben with a couple songs which was really neat. After another short break Ben came out again and played some of his bigger hits such as 'Burn One Down' and 'Steal My Kisses'. Overall the concert was amazing. If there was one disappointment it would be that Ben did not play his classic cover of 'Sexual Healing'.

I should also mention Bedouin Soundclash which also put on a great starting show. I wondered how they would be live and they were not a disappointment that is for sure.

I remain a big fan and will be at the next show as well.

1 comment:

KellyKaye said...

Hell ya it was amazing!