7.6.06

A New Beginning

I decided today that I would quit my job. I do not have another job lined up yet so I am a little scared however I just know that this is what I have to do. I am feeling a little sad though because I work with some wonderful people who I will miss. I am also feeling scared and overwhelmed because finding a new job is not the easiest thing in the world to do. So while I know this is the right thing I am nervous. Upon this thought I remembered a couple of poems that my very good friend Shane wrote for me years and years ago. I read them sometimes when I'm having a rough day or am not feeling so great. This is the one I read today and like always it helped.


Cheer up, my friend
I hate seeing you so blue
It's not like it's the end
And you have to start anew


Don't dwell on the bad
Or even on the past
Don't look at what you had
Or how it didn't last


Just take in a deep breath
Gaze at the morning dew
Sit back and rest
It's a good day for you.


Cheer up my friend
And put your mind at ease
Most things come to an end
But, hey, you still have me


Thanks Shane for your timeless words that always help me through.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always liked that poem.

Anonymous said...

I know that poem was for you Jenn, but right now it sure hits home. Thanks to you and shane for sharing it. ~Tara

Anonymous said...

It brings tears to my eyes thinkinking how very proud I feel to have a daughter like you.

Love Dad, xoxoxoxox

Jenns Theatre said...

Aw Dad, What a Beautiful thing to say, Thank you so much.

Love You, Jenn