27.7.06

Salt Spring Island

This past weekend Lucas and I visited Salt Spring Island for some well needed time away. We decided that we would cycle which was a good idea until we saw that the forcast would be very very very hot. We still cycled but it was one of the most difficult rides I've ever done. Overall the weekend was a really great time. I enjoyed Salt Spring so much, I had no idea what a great little Island it was, the town was so artsy, full of galleries and book stores, I was in my element.


This is me just settling on the ferry, we were so late they actually held the ferry for us, hence my stressed out look

This is part of the view from our cabana, mostly I like this picture because of the way the bike looks


Our little home away from home, we were so glad we found this place, it was perfect

Lucas and I enjoyed a much needed Stella Artois at a local pub where I unwillingly and unknowingly ate a veggie burger, so good I had no idea it was a veggie burger until we got the bill...

Lucas loved the pink sky so much he demanded several pictures in front of it, this is my favourtie

Lucas relaxing on the deck

I thought this was a pretty cute picture of the two of us, different from the classic one that is always up here.

This is my favourite photo of Lucas, I think it is so artistic looking.

haha this one just makes me laugh, so out of character

Our second day there, we took a row boat out onto the lake. I had no idea how motion sick I would get, here we are resting in the shade and I'm trying to distract myself from my stomach by taking pictures

This is me at a local cafe we spent the afternoon at the day we left. It was a really neat place, I especially loved the huge tree in the middle of the patio.

The ferry ride home was so very relaxing and very hot, so hot we were tanning out on the deck


While I tanned, Lucas finished the last half of his 'Romio & Juliet'


The last picture of our trip, somewhat less stressful than the first, as it should be

No comments: