14.7.06

Weekend on the Sunshine Coast

Last weekend Tara and I embarked on a little adventure. We boarded a Ferry for the Sunshine Coast with no more plans than having a wicked Girls only weekend. In our books this classifies as adventure, trust me. We were worried when the first hostel we visited was booked for the entire weekend. Luckily I remembered a small hostel in Sechelt that mum and I had stayed at the year before, there was vancancy and that is where we stayed. Overall the trip was a lot of fun and relaxing at the same time. We are so very lucky that all it takes is a short ferry ride to feel as far away from the city as possible.


Tara and me patiently waiting in the afternoon ferry line up

My softserve skills apparently need some work...

This is the name of the Hostel in Sechelt that we stayed at

Lucas bought us a 'little' present for our trip which we very much enjoyed :) (Thanks Lucas!!)

Here are Tara and me enjoying our vodka on the patio, what you can't see is that it is raining on us at this point but hey, we're from Vancouver a little rain won't stop us from sitting on an awesome patio

The two of us on our way to the local pub which turned out to be quite lame, all the fun was in that walk there and back...and ok...I fell on the way back, face plant right on the sidewalk, not sure how it happened but Tara did a good job reminding me all the next day and would have been disappointed had I not included it here.

When we got back to our room and turned on the bedside table lamp, the light was green! Rather shocking but made for a neat picture of the 'Grey Goose' bottle.

The second day there we visited the Halfmoon Bay Country Fair which was pretty neat as you do not find these in and around the city too often. There were neat stalls set up with local art, musicians, bingo and of course a little beer garden.

That night Tara and I went walking around Sechelt. This is a photo from the Native reserve on Sechelt. The Sechelt Native band received Self Governence in 2001 (I believe) and many of these Totem Poles are in celebration and remembrance of that. The art was truly amazing.

We spent our last morning wandering around Gibson. We even ate at the famour Molly's Reach Restaurant. Very good pizza!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great trip! Met some awesome people and of couse got to hang out with my best girl! Ps-It was so freakin' funny when Jenn fell! (Thanks for the vodka,Lucas)

James King said...

Hi,

Great trip and experience to the property sunshine coast. Hope i can also experience of what you experience.