10.12.06

Happy 1 Year Anniversary to me!


At this very moment last year I was sitting in a hospital emergency room with a growth the size of a baseball on my left ankle. I had been snowboarding that day and fractured my ankle. I will never forget sitting after my xrays waiting for the doctor to come and tell me that I would need a cast and that I would be going home some time that night. Unfortunately, instead of telling me this he came to me to tell me that I would need surgery as my fracture was a spiral fracture and would require a plate and 2 screws to hold it together. I laughed and asked if he was joking, turns out he wasnt and two days later I left the hospital with metal in my leg. And it is still there today. And it is still super annoying! Luckily the surgery is set to happen this month to take it out. Also lucky for me, I'll get to give my arms a wonderful workout once again with those wonderful crutches I loathe so much.
Anyway, the moral of the story... Snowboarding is not my thing, buy expensive boots, and cherish the fact that you can walk on Christmas and that you do not have metal in your ankle that feels like someone is holding icecubes to your skin in the cold!!!

No comments: